With a total area of almost 85,000 square miles, Utah ranks as one of the largest states in the United States. It boasts of diverse natural surroundings such as lush green forests and deserts, as well as varied terrains that are perfect for outdoor activities like skiing. The state is also home to some of the best ski areas in the country.
Apart from stunning natural landscapes, Utah is also known as one of the best places to live, given its affordable cost of living, low crime, and high quality of life. It’s no wonder the population here is one of the highest in the country and continues to grow at a fast pace.
Even the roads in Beehive City are well-maintained, perfect for cruising and going around the area. If you’re one of the many Utah residents who enjoy a good drive, you may have an old car that you’re planning to sell. Before you contact a used-car dealer, know that you have an option to donate a car in Utah to help kidney patients instead.
What Can You Gain by Donating Your Car?
If you think that you will lose a car and gain nothing when you donate your vehicle to charity, then you’re mistaken. Car donations offer benefits, such as the following:
- You can enjoy substantial tax deductions;
- You can avoid costly repairs;
- You can avoid the hassle and stress of selling a used vehicle; and
- You can give people with kidney disease a fighting chance to survive.
How Does Donating Your Car Help Kidney Patients?
According to the statistics reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), kidney disease is the 9th leading cause of death in Utah. For every 100,000 residents, 384 of them die of this illness.
The proceeds from the car you donated will be utilized to assist those who are suffering from this medical condition in the state so that they would not be part of the statistics above. Your donation will benefit patients, particularly the underprivileged.
The money that will be raised from car donations will be used to help pay/fund the following:
- Transportation expense going to and from dialysis centers or hospitals
- Expensive dialysis treatment
- Kidney transplant
- Kidney disease research
- Organ donation campaign
- Kidney disease prevention campaign
What are Key Things You Should Remember When Donating Cars to Charity?
While there many car donation charity organizations in the industry, not all of them are trustworthy. There are many fly-by-night “charities” that were investigated and found fraudulent by Attorney Generals from various states. To ensure that you’re donating your car to a reputable car donation program in Utah, consider the following tips:
- Make sure that the organization you are dealing with has a non-profit status by verifying with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Do your research by asking friends or prominent members of your community who knows about car donations.
- If your main goal is a tax deduction, make sure that everything is in place by reading IRS’s “A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donation” publication.
Given the information discussed above, you can see that choosing to donate a car in Utah allows you to help people with kidney issues while benefiting yourself in the process. Make sure to partner with a reputable non-profit organization so that you can experience how good and satisfying it is to impact the lives of those in need.