Hello fellow entrepreneurs! Today I have the pleasure of posting 16 small business tips learned from the Donald Trump Entrepreneur Expo in August 2010. Journalist Marcie Hill of The Write Design Company was in attendance and allowed us to reprint her notes. Thanks Marcie. My readers and I appreciate it! To learn more about The Write Design Company or Marcie Hill, please visit her blog at: http://www.thewritedesignco.com.
Success Tips from the Trump Entrepreneur Expo
I was blessed with the opportunity to attend the Trump Entrepreneur Expo on August 7, 2010 at the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge in Burr Ridge, IL. I gained a wealth (pun intended) of knowledge and interest in entering the real estate industry. I already had an interest; however, I felt that this workshop was a way of telling me that I’m going in the right direction…just not now. I MUST build my foundation for The Write Design Company before I can seriously consider indulging in other ventures.
Following are success tips I gained from Expo. If you are a current or aspiring entrepreneur, file these thoughts in your mental Rolodex as you move forward on your journey of success.
- Opportunities do not go away, they go to someone else.
- Don’t think about the money, think about the result.
- Get the right information from the right people.
- Having a job is the most insecure thing you have.
- Less than 5% of Americans make more than $250,000 a year. (I am going to be in that group really soon!)
- There is a difference between working hard and working productively.
- Real wealth and financial independence are best accomplished by creating multiple sources of income.
- Let go of what’s known and comfortable.
- There are two types of broke people. People that have financial setbacks and people who are broke-minded. People with the financial setbacks can be helped.
- Manage risk, do not avoid it.
- It takes years to become an overnight success.
- Get someone else to do what you don’t want to do; what you cannot do; or what you shouldn’t be doing.
- You can make a lot of money helping other people.
- Get educated, guided, supported, and the right tools.
- You have to be decisive and take action NOW!
- Being complacent is worse than being broke.
I just wanted to bless entrepreneurs with information that I gained from other wealthy people. May we all be in that 5% before the end of the year.
Marcie Hill is a published journalist, blogger, business writer, and entrepreneur. Her journalistic talents can be experienced in N’Digo MagaPaper, Mahogany Magazine, Chicago Independent Bulletin Newspaper, and Chi-Town Daily News. She has been writing, editing and publishing Shorty In Da House, a monthly inspirational newsletter, for over eight years. Additionally, she manages three blogs on which she shares content of various interests. She is also the owner of The Write Design Company, a writing business specializing in writing and design services, memory preservation, and social media. Marcie can be contacted at email@example.com.