The Importance of a Digital Marketing Strategy in 2021

It seems obvious that in the current day it is crucial for every business to utilise digital platforms to enhance success rates, and while most are doing this, it might surprise you how many actually have a specific digital marketing strategy in place.

Don’t worry if this seems a daunting or time-consuming task, collaborating with a Digital Marketing Agency can ensure you get a solid strategy in place to start improving your online performance.

Implementing a strategy means outlining clear goals, ways to measure progress, and changes to make to reach your goal. Without one, it’s easy to repeat mistakes made in the past without understanding what went wrong and why.

The Importance of a Digital Marketing Strategy in 2021

Digital Marketing Is A Huge Part Of Modern Businesses

If you don’t think a digital marketing strategy is important in your business but your team makes website changes, uses Google Analytics, makes content, runs a social media channel, sends out company emails, and much more, then you could be missing out!

It’s estimated that 45% of organisations don’t have a specific digital marketing strategy in place, which gives the other 55% the upper hand when it comes to online representation.

The digital world is constantly changing, whether it be adjustments to algorithms or changes to search rankings, and having a clear strategy means that you can adapt easily to whatever change is thrown your way. A digital marketing agency will be able to keep on top of these changes on your behalf, as they can come unexpectedly and have a significant impact on your campaigns.

Working Towards A Common Goal

You know what your online efforts are aiming to achieve, right? Do you think your team is thinking the same thing? Having a written strategy reduces the chance of any misunderstanding as to what the goals of the business are and gives everyone the opportunity to work towards the same thing.

Having a document that each of the marketing team can refer to also means that any work produced will be uniform and crafted to meet the goals of the strategy. Not having this means that your team might be trying to meet different goals, ultimately weakening campaigns and putting your online presence at risk.

Clear and Concise Actions

There should be three key stages featured in a digital marketing strategy, which are simple and easy to follow.

  • Plan
  • Action
  • Review

This strategy will keep your work organised and focused at every stage, with regular reviews taking place. Reviews can include optimisations, changes or tweaks to campaigns, and accounting for any algorithm updates that might have happened since the last review.

The process means that different techniques will be tested, aiming to get the best possible results for your business. This is a lengthy process that a digital marketing agency could take care of for you and may even be more cost-effective for your marketing team.

In 2021, a properly implemented digital marketing strategy is more important than ever and will only become more significant in years to come, no doubt with some changes along the way. Futureproof your business and put yours in place as soon as possible!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About Dequiana Jackson

Dequiana Jackson, Founder of Inspired Marketing, Inc., helps overachieving women entrepreneurs conquer limiting beliefs and create marketing plans that win. This includes one-on-one marketing plan development, digital product creation, web design and content marketing. Dequiana is the author of Know Your Business: How to Attract Ideal Clients & Sell More and runs the award-winning blog,

Check Also

Essential Skills of a Successful Network Marketer: Is It Right For You?

Network marketing is a type of business model based on a network of distributors to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge