These rules for success were provided by Ms. Cleo Anderson. For more information on Ms. Anderson, please read below:
- When networking with potential customers, we put our best foot forward.
- We dress for success; in-person, first impressions ARE LASTING.
- We speak clearly and talk respectfully.
- We wait to answer calls during a quiet time; for example, during the little one’s nap or bed time.
- We plan our day so that each day doesn’t become a waste of our time.
- We take every opportunity possible that we believe will lead to our success, because we know that they don’t come around twice. We realize when opportunities do appear/arrive and we are not prepared, these opportunities will find someone else.
- We understand that we must build trust in networking relationships, realizing that it is both a give-and-take situation.
- We take small challenges and turn them into goals for greater success.
- We get involved in only the groups or networks that we feel support our needs for communication and successful networking.
- We commit ourselves. In committing ourselves, we again must realized that it, too, is a give-and-take situation.
About Ms. Cleo in her own words:
Owner of Analiece Taylorâ€¦ designer of natural skincare and the host of IHB Talk Radio hosted by NBBTA. She has created a network for Black Working Moms who run a business from home. Finding herself limited in the type of successful networking that she can do, she decided that since what she was looking for was not out there, she must create it herself. Thus creating The Black Work @ Home Moms Network. You can find her online at www.bwahm.com and also on Ryze at: http://bwahm-network.ryze.com/. The network also has a blog that can be viewed online at http://blackwahm.wordpress.com. Ms. Cleo and BWAHM Network are redefining the meaning and the way we network for success. She believes that everyone should take note.