Email marketing is the most crucial channel for any business and has become an asset in the inbound marketer’s tool kit. There are tons of new tools that are shinier, more relaxed, and much newer. Still, emails remain one of the best ways to communicate with your audience. Sending emails can feel intimidating at first. Yet, it doesn’t have to be complicated if you follow some basic strategies and email marketing best practices to improve your chances of success.
Concept of Marketing Email
Email marketing is the use of email to build customer relationships to keep businesses alive and thriving. The right marketing email should give your subscribers an authentic feeling about your brand and make them want to open it, then read and take appropriate action. As your business owner, you can offer a webinar, a discount coupon, or anything that promotes your products or services.
No matter what your business is about, one can always benefit from some tried-and-true best practices on email marketing for agencies that can accelerate your customer relationships, improve your brand, and drive revenue for your business.
With the help of email marketing, you can target your audience and customers and subsequently increase your conversions and revenue. It is a valuable platform to share information with your subscribers and assist them in achieving their goals.
Reasons why every business should have an email marketing program
- A cost-effective channel to build connections and send personalized engagement messages directly in their inbox.
- Generate awareness of your brand among your subscribers to help them make a purchasing decision.
- Enable businesses to build connections and communicate with their customers.
- Newsletters built around curated audiences can help to share original content or useful assets for your prospects.
- Generate leads and nurtures them by providing content that helps them achieve their goals.
- Promote your products and services without bombarding them with ads.
- A powerful tool for acquiring and retaining customers.
- Ideal for promoting e-commerce sites and digital applications.
- A vital component of any brand’s acquisition and retention marketing mix.
What are the immediate benefits of Email Marketing?
- Email marketing is a great way to reach prospects and customers.
- Email marketing is proven to nurture your leads.
- Email marketing is more effective than Facebook and Twitter when it comes to customer acquisition.
- They are great ways to drive traffic to your website, blogs, or whatever specified content.
- Allows you to build a database of consumers who voluntarily give out their information.
- Promote sales and outreach, whether indirectly or directly, regarding discounts, new products, or new developments.
- Email marketing retains loyal customers and helps to keep your brand top-of-mind for a consumer.
- Increase your brand presence by shaping all customer touchpoints and interactions.
- Improves database quality to help you better understand your buyers and be up-to-date on all email and customer data storage regulations.
- Scale your marketing efforts with personalization strategies, leveraging CRM, and setting up priority triggers based on customer engagement.
How do you know if your marketing email works?
To check if your email marketing works, then you will need to test your emails. The A / B testing method will help track one variable against another and see which one performs best. For this purpose, write two emails and include the variable you want to test on one email and leave it on the other. After a set period, analyze results and use the email that performed best.
Even you can take the support of Email Marketing Metrics to Measure success and get to know whether or not your email marketing campaigns are performing and getting results? For that, you need to have an email marketing analytics that makes sure to set KPIs for yourself and your team each time you launch a new email marketing campaign.
Here are some of the best email KPIs to track to measure your email marketing success:
- Deliverability: measures how many of your emails reach the intended email box of subscribers.
- Open Rate: The percentage of people who open your email once it reaches their email inbox.
- Click-Through Rate: The percentage of people who click on a Call to Action or click on one or more links in an email.
- Unsubscribe Rate: The percentage of people who opt-out from receiving your email after receiving any given email.
- Bounce rate: The percentage of total emails sent that could not be successfully delivered.
- Conversion rate: The percentage of email recipients who open the email, click a link and complete the intended action of downloading a piece of content or making a purchase.
- List growth rate: The rate at which people enter your email list.
- Email share rate: The number of people who forward your email.
- Sender score/reputation: The likeliness that an email provider will block your email, deliver it, or mark it as spam.
It’s easy to get lost in the ocean of possibilities provided by email marketing. So, it is advisable to take help from an experienced email marketing agency that will help you build your email marketing strategy and delight your customers, thus bringing you to the top tier of email marketing.
Saumil Shah is the marketing lead at InboxArmy, an innovative email marketing agency that specializes in providing email marketing services from production to deployment. In 2014, the digital marketing bug bit him and he fell in love with helping clients succeed in the digital arena. Saumil Shah has helped clients in various niches grow their businesses and revenue through SEO, content marketing, PPC, email marketing, and lead generation.