*** Congratulations Will on winning this month’s giveaway!
I’ll be in touch on how to claim your prize. ***
For many entrepreneurs, as soon as one item is checked off their to-do list, it is replaced by at least two more. Last year, my list was so over run with items that I started implementing the “Daily 3” system. You can read about it in “Stop Procrastinating! Maximize Your To-Do List.” While this has helped me tremendously, I’m still looking for more ways to connect with customers and to get things done that matter. In “How to Find More Time in Your Day,” Chris Brogan shares how he inserts meaningful moments throughout his work day. Some tips include:
- Use the rule of thirds – Spend one-third of every day prospecting for new customers, one-third for business tasks and the final third to support existing customers. Of course this will depend on your current work load, but the key is to balance work between the three groups
- Be thankful – As part of your support of existing customers, consider sending thank you cards to your top 5 on a regular basis. It will serve as a well-check and also keep you top of mind when they’re in need your product or service again.
- Put it online – If you find yourself forgetting your list on the run, Brogan lists three virtual tools you can use.
Looking at the Brogan article and my Daily 3, can you suggest other ways to put more meaningful moments in your day? Are there certain activities you avoid because you know they’re time wasters, or are there social media tools you can’t live without? Share your tips for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card. Read on for how…
Rules of The Business on Main/Entrepreneur Resources “Meaningful Moments” Contest
1. Post your “Meaningful Moments” story in the comments section of this post and on the MSN Business on Main article page. The story can be long or short, informational or entertaining. Just know that what you share could help other entrepreneurs, too. To get to the comments section on Business on Main, navigate to the gray bar under the article. Click on the current number of comments to expand the section and post away.
2. Identify your post on Business on Main with the words Entrepreneur Resources or the initials E-R.
3. The winner will be selected by Entrepreneur Resources.
4. A valid email address must be included in the post here on Entrepreneur Resources (how else can I tell you if you win?).
Note: Prizes will be awarded in the form of a $100 Amazon.com gift card and will mailed out 4-6 weeks after winner notification.
Want an extra entry? Like the Inspired Media Facebook Fan Page, and post that you’re a fan in a new blog comment.
Want one more entry? Follow me on Twitter at @InspiredMedia1 and post that you’re a follower in a new blog comment.
One winner will be chosen use Random.Org. Winners who I am unable to contact and who don’t claim their prize within 48 hours of being sent their “You’re a winner” email notification will forfeit his or her prize. In the case of no winner due to a prize being forfeited, I will again use Random.org to choose an alternate winner. This giveaway is limited to US residents who are 18 years old and above only.
You have until Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 11:59pm CST to comment and be entered for your chance to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card. I will randomly pick one winner with random.org and announce it here on the Entrepreneur Resources blog on or shortly after April 1, 2012.
Disclaimer: My blog is a part of an online influencer network for Business on Main. I receive incentives to share my views on a monthly basis. The opinions, however, are all mine.