Although it may be hard for a lot of you to believe, the truth of the matter is that there are quite a few small businesses out there that are prone to losing their money. Whether it happens to be because of certain employees indulging in fraudulent activities, basic mistakes or even robberies for that matter, the fact is that there are ways to prevent all of it. There will always be a wide range of methods that can be employed in order to ensure that your money is kept safe and secure in a business environment.
In this regard, one of the key aspects that you cannot afford to forget is that as long as you go out of your way to ensure that your money is as safe as possible, you can be sure that aspect alone will deter criminals from trying anything. If your security levels are extremely high, in all probability criminals are not going to think that it’s even worth their time to try and break in. After all, thieves mainly look out for opportunities and loopholes, rather than extreme obstacles to tackle and solve. In this regard, you should seriously consider the options of cash security as well as change order pickup.
On that note, let us take a good look at some of the vital tips regarding keeping your money secure.
- Limit the visibility of the cash: This is the first step that you need to take. Most importantly, you need to ensure that you never make the fatal mistake of large sums of money in front of customers or even employees. In the case of the latter, you must do it only when it is absolutely necessary.
- Transfer the money: Rather than keeping the money on your business premises, it would be far more wiser of you to transfer it into a safe and secure bank account.
- Install a safe: Bear in mind that just installing one is not good enough. You will have to ensure that it has as limited access as possible. That is the key. It is up to you to make the location of the safe as secure as possible.
- Keep till access limited: In this regard, you should make sure that the tills are kept away from the front of the store plus ensuring the fact that only a certain number of your employees can access the money. In this regard, make sure that you use a bulletproof glass screen and tight lockable doors.
- The importance of CCTV: Not only is this the most important aspect that you need to keep in mind, but it is a good enough deterrent that most criminals are not willing to risk.
On a related note, the aspect of cash in transit is also something that you need to take care of. In this particular regard, make sure that the amount of cash is as small as possible. Rather than saving up all the money at once, regular trips to the bank would be a much better and safer idea on the whole.
Also, make sure that under no circumstances should there be a situation where a lot of cash is being transported alone. In this regard, keep a constant watch in order to ensure that no cars are following you in a persistently suspicious manner.